Looking for a new job as a pharmacist, can often be stressful and nerve wracking. However, it can also be exciting if you find the perfect job you have been looking for. When you use a recruitment or locum agency, it means that you don’t have to go through the process alone, as your agency can take away the hassle and risk when looking for a new position.
Due to the current skill shortage of pharmacists, if you are actively seeking employment you will likely be in high demand. It is therefore important when navigating the myriad of positions, to find the one that will best suit you. Ensuring that the position you apply for matches your skill set and ability, is more important than applying for a large variety of positions.
A recruitment or locum agency will assist with:
- Access to a greater variety of jobs in the one place.
- Control over where and when you work.
- Ensure the position matches your skill set and that you are a good fit for the business.
- Negotiating your rate of pay, with the possibility of a higher rate of pay.
- Following up on any questions about the pharmacy before you accept the position.
- If you are not paid in a timely manner, the recruiter can act on your behalf to obtain the overdue wages.
- Act as a mentor and guide for new graduates or for those who have never worked as a locum pharmacist.
It is important to be open and honest with your recruiter so they have a clear understanding of the position you are looking for. There is nothing worse than being unhappy in your workplace and failing to meet the expectations of your employer.
It is also important to help your recruiter by ensuring you are employable. Recruitment agencies will often offer their clients additional security, by offering a guarantee period. If you are terminated or leave before the expiry of a guarantee period, the agency will have to find a new candidate for free. Therefore, your recruitment agency will be keen to find a role that is not only suitable for the employer, but most importantly, for you as well.