Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Allowance

The Pharmacy Guild of Australia recently posted this article on their website. If you are a pharmacist in a rural or remote area, please note there financial support is available to access CPE:



The Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Allowance provides financial support to assist pharmacists from rural and remote areas to access CPE and other Professional Development activities.



Applicants for the CPE Allowance must be Australian citizens or permanent residents, who are practising pharmacists (including intern pharmacists and pharmacists preparing to re-enter the workforce). They must reside and work in a rural or remote area of Australia. Evidence must be provided to validate claims, such as proof of attendance and receipts.

The allowance is also made available to professional educators travelling to a group of practising pharmacists to deliver CPE.



Funding is offered under the CPE Allowance for travel and accommodation costs associated with the participation in or delivery of Group 2 or Group 3 activities or participation in preceptor training activities or pharmacy workforce re-entry courses. Costs associated with obtaining locum relief, such as locum travel and accommodation can be claimed, but locum wages cannot.


Funding will not be considered for registration fees, overseas conferences, meals, locum wages, car hire and travel to and from accommodation venue to CPE venue.


Allowances have a maximum value of $2,000. However, applications over $2,000 will be considered where additional documentation is supplied to substantiate the reasons for the additional costs (e.g. airfares or other additional transport links from remote centres). These applications will be subject to review by the Guild.


Applications may be made through the online portal of the Pharmacy Guild of Australia.